A Floral Peach & Chicken Salad
with fresh mint, cilantro, pine nuts, goat cheese and a Tequila Honey Lime Vinaigrette
I made this salad a month or so ago, when there were sooo many edible flowers in my yard. I didn’t have time to post it then, though, so I saved the photos for later. It was such a lovely salad!
The flowers I used in this salad were violas, bee balm, rose petals, and hosta flowers. Just a few of each, but all mixed together they made a fabulous display of color. If you’re not sure which flowers are edible, here is a list of 42 Flowers you can Eat from Treehugger.
Now that we’re saying goodbye to summer, I figure I better post this as one last hurrah and burst of color and gratitude for all the delights that summer brings. Thank you, Summer. I had such a lovely time with you!
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Dash of salt
- Fresh greens
- 1 ripe, juicy peach, peeled and chopped
- Cooked chicken, cut into chunks
- 1 - 2 Tablespoons of goat cheese crumbles
- 1 - 2 Tablespoons of toasted pine nuts (pinons)
- A bit of fresh cilantro leaves
- A few fresh mint leaves, chopped
- Fresh, edible flowers
- In a small bowl, whisk all of the dressing ingredients together.
- To make the salad: Fill your plate or bowl with greens. Top with peach pieces and chicken, then sprinkle with goat cheese, pine nuts, cilantro, mint and then garnish as desired with flowers.
- Drizzle with dressing and enjoy!
RECIPE SOURCE: http://www.sumptuousspoonfuls.com/
© Copyright 2015, Sumptuous Spoonfuls. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to publish any of my images, please ask first. If you want to republish this recipe as your own, please re-write the recipe in your own words or link back to this post for the recipe.