Bacon Asparagus Breakfast Sandwich
with Smoked Gouda cheese
I made this yummy breakfast sandwich last week when I came home from yoga and then my kids and I were headed out the door to go to the lake. I wanted something fast, delicious and portable and this totally fit the bill! It curbed my hunger, replenished the protein my body needed, and left me with a big smile on my face.
- 1 strip bacon
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Red Robin seasoning & fresh ground pepper
- Several short spears of roasted asparagus, chopped
- About 2 slices smoked gouda cheese (or use some shredded, whatever you prefer)
- 2 ciabatta rolls
- In a frying or omelet pan over medium heat, cook the bacon till crisp, then dab off the excess fat with a clean towel and crumble it to bits. Drain any excess fat out of your frying pan.
- While the bacon is cooking, whisk the eggs together with a small spoonful of water, then whisk in the seasoning, a sprinkle of Red Robin seasoning and some fresh ground pepper. Pour the eggs into the pan and top with crumbled bacon, asparagus, sweet onion and cheese. Reduce heat to medium low, cover and let cook until the eggs are set and the cheese is melted.
- While the eggs are cooking, toast the ciabatta rolls. Once both are done, fold the top of the egg "omelet" over and chop it in half, putting half of the egg mixture on each ciabatta roll.
RECIPE SOURCE: http://www.sumptuousspoonfuls.com/
© Copyright 2014, Sumptuous Spoonfuls. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to publish any of my images, please ask first. If you want to republish this recipe as your own, please re-write the recipe in your own words or link back to this post for the recipe.