Asparagus spears coated in cool & spicy sriracha ranch and crispy crunchy garlicky (and coincidentally gluten free!) crumbs and then oven-baked to crispy tender perfection, with extra Sriracha Ranch Dressing for dipping. I think I may have just stumbled upon asparagus nirvana.
Crispy oven-baked things call to me. The crunch is what I crave. This morning when yoga was almost over and I was starting to get a-hungering (because we worked hard in that class!) … this is what my body was calling for. I knew I had lots of Sriracha ranch dressing because I’d made it for an event last month and it keeps all happily delicious in the fridge for-like-almost-ever. If you have not met Sriracha Ranch Dressing, it is seriously my most favorite condiment in the world (if I have to pick a favorite …) I (almost) feel bad for the rest of the lovely condiments because are some other lovely condiments, but in my book, Sriracha Ranch is totally #1, hands down.
So when I thought to combine my favorite springtime vegetable with my totally absolute best #1 sauce and a crispy crunchy coating, I was totally dying of anticipation! It was really hard to make myself take a break to take photos. But don’t worry … I am happy to make that little bit of suffering for you, my beloved foodie friends. This photo session was filled with munching and dipping and checking the photos and then taking a few more, with a few more bites … ok so it is not always so much suffering … sometimes it is purely pleasure and love.
- 1 cup crushed rice chex
- 1/2 teaspoon dry dill
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Sriracha ranch dressing (recipe here)
- About 1 lb. asparagus spears
- Preheat the oven to 450 F. Using a mini food processor, crush the rice chex to tiny crumbs, then whirl in the seasonings. Pour the crumbs onto a plate.
- Pour some of the ranch dressing onto another plate so that it's long enough to dredge the asparagus spears in and set it to the left of the crumbs. Spray a baking pan with cooking spray and set it to the right of the breadcrumbs.
- Now, working left to right, take a spear asparagus and with your left hand, dredge it in the dressing, then set it on the right-hand crumb plate. With your right hand, sprinkle the spear generously with crumbs on all sides, then carefully lift and set it onto the baking sheet.
- Repeat with the rest of the asparagus, leaving some space between the spears on the baking sheet.
- Spray with olive oil or canola spray, then bake at 450 for about 5 - 7 minutes or until golden brown on top. Remove from oven, and turn each spear so the other side is on top, then return to the oven and bake for 5 - 7 minutes more or until golden brown on the other side and crisp tender on the inside. Serve with extra sriracha ranch dressing for dipping.
The fatter, chunkier spears of asparagus work best for this recipe.
RECIPE SOURCE: http://www.sumptuousspoonfuls.com/
© Copyright 2017, Sumptuous Spoonfuls. All images & content are copyright protected. I love it when you share, but please do not use my images on your own site/page without prior permission. If you want to publish any of my images, please ask first. Sharing, pinning, and tweeting is always appreciated as long as the shares and pins link back to here for the recipe. If you want to republish this recipe as your own, please re-write the recipe in your own words or link back to this post for the recipe.
This recipe was shared at Weekend Potluck.