Basil Honeydew Green Smoothie
This is one of those five minute breakfasts that you can make quickly as you are running out the door and take with you so you get some good nutrition in your body, but it will leave you with a sweet tasting memory throughout your day.
I made this as I was rushing off to yoga class yesterday, and as I was breathing through the poses, I found my mind and my mouth returning to savor the taste of this smoothie. I can’t wait to make it again. The basil & honeydew blended up so good and creamy with just a hint of honey and vanilla. I added some spinach for the extra “make my body feel good” factor, but you won’t notice any spinach taste at all.
- 8 oz. lowfat vanilla yogurt
- About 1 cup of lowfat milk (start with a little less and add more as needed)
- 2 teaspoons of honey (use more or less to taste)
- 1/4 cup frozen spinach
- 1 heaping cup of frozen honeydew chunks
- A few basil leaves
- Put all the ingredients in your blender in the order listed. Blend until completely smooth and there are no chunks left. If it's too thick, add a little more milk. Pour into glasses, garnish with fresh basil leaves and enjoy!
RECIPE SOURCE: http://www.sumptuousspoonfuls.com/
© Copyright 2013, Sumptuous Spoonfuls. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to publish any of my images, please ask first. If you want to republish this recipe as your own, please re-write the recipe in your own words or link back to this post for the recipe.