Beef & Black Bean Salad Nachos
When you’re torn between being bad and good, one part of you says you should have a salad but the other part wants a loaded plate of cheesy nachos, why not do a little of both?
Sometimes I get home at the end of the day and I need something fast that doesn’t take too much effort. If I have some taco meat all ready, I can make myself a quick plate of nachos in the microwave in just a few minutes.
Sprinkling some greens and sweet tomatoes on top adds crunch, flavor and nutrition, so I don’t have to feel QUITE so guilty about eating a plate of nachos for dinner. And if you think about it, this plate is really quite a balanced meal. You could use baked tortilla chips to lower the fat content. I wouldn’t recommend going to low-fat cheese, though … it just doesn’t melt very well.
- Corn tortilla chips
- Hot, cooked taco meat (made with beef)
- Black beans, cooked
- Chopped red onion
- Chopped jalapeno or bell pepper
- Shredded cheese (I used a Fiesta blend)
- Fresh mixed greens, chopped
- Sweet cherry tomatoes, halved
- Salsa (I used my Copycat Chili's Salsa-recipe here)
- Cover your plate (or a baking sheet) with a layer of tortilla chips, sprinkle with taco meat, black beans, red onion, and peppers. Cover with a nice layer of cheese.
- Microwave method: Set the plate in the microwave and cook on high for 1 minute. Check whether the cheese is melted. If not, microwave for another 30 sec, check again and repeat until the cheese in the center of the plate is melted.
- Oven method: Preheat the oven to 400 F. Set the tray of nachos in the oven and bake for 10 - 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle the nachos generously with chopped greens and tomatoes and serve with salsa.
Make this recipe Gluten Free by using gluten free tortilla chips.
RECIPE SOURCE: http://www.sumptuousspoonfuls.com/
© Copyright 2014, Sumptuous Spoonfuls. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to publish any of my images, please ask first. If you want to republish this recipe as your own, please re-write the recipe in your own words or link back to this post for the recipe.