Beefy Quinoa Taco Stuffed Peppers
A hearty meal stuffed into a healthy pepper! Beefy taco meat, corn, queso, cilantro and quinoa stuffed into fresh bell pepper halves. Use a spicy large pepper in place of the bells if you want to kick it up a bit.
I was lucky enough to inherit some of the gorgeous bell peppers from my mom and dad’s garden. At least one stuffed pepper recipe needed to happen out of that … one night I was making tacos for my kids and decided that some of that taco meat could totally be put to use in a stuffed pepper.
Soooo that’s how this recipe was “born”. I ate a couple of the stuffed peppers and the rest are going to my yoga teacher and dear friend Denise who had surgery today. I’m hoping these stuffed peppers will give her the vitamins, strength and positive energy she needs to heal from her surgery. I’m sending my love along with the peppers.
- 1/2 cup taco meat
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1/3 cup queso dip (I used my chorizo black bean queso - recipe here)
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 - 3 medium bell peppers, cut in half lengthwise, insides removed
- Shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. and spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Prep the peppers and set them on the sheet.
- In a medium frying pan, cook the oil over medium heat and add the onion and garlic. Saute until the onion is translucent. Add the corn, queso dip, and quinoa and cook and stir for a few minutes until hot.
- Stir in the cilantro, then spoon the beefy quinoa mixture into the prepared pepper halves. Top with shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes or until the cheese on top is bubbly and slightly browned. Serve hot!
RECIPE SOURCE: http://www.sumptuousspoonfuls.com/
© Copyright 2015, Sumptuous Spoonfuls. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to publish any of my images, please ask first. If you want to republish this recipe as your own, please re-write the recipe in your own words or link back to this post for the recipe.