Blood Orange & Avocado Salad
with goat cheese crumbles, toasted almonds, sesame seeds and a spiced honey yogurt dressing
The New Year is here and the cold season has struck me down … it’s time for me to lighten up and eat something beautiful to help get me healthy again. I stopped at the grocery store on the way back from yoga today and these blood oranges were calling to me. So I picked up a bag and brought them home. I was too exhausted to do much with them, but I figured I need to eat something and citrus fruit is what my body needs right now, so I fixed a simple but lovely little salad.
Now if only I had the energy to make soup … maybe after a nap. Maybe a hot bath first, then a nap. That sounds about perfect.
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of ground cloves
- Mixed greens
- Blood orange slices, peels removed
- Avocado slices
- Toasted almonds & sesame seeds
- Goat cheese crumbles
- In a small bowl, mix together the yogurt with the honey and spices. Set aside.
- Make a bed of greens for your salad, then arrange the blood orange slices and avocado on the greens. Sprinkle with toasted almonds, sesame seeds and goat cheese crumbles, then drizzle with the dressing.
RECIPE SOURCE: http://www.sumptuousspoonfuls.com/
© Copyright 2013, Sumptuous Spoonfuls. All images & content are copyright protected. I love it when you share, but please do not use my images on your own site/page without prior permission. If you want to publish any of my images, please ask first. Sharing, pinning, and tweeting is always appreciated as long as the shares and pins link back to here for the recipe. If you want to republish this recipe as your own, please re-write the recipe in your own words or link back to this post for the recipe.
This recipe was shared at The Best of the Weekend, Sweet & Savoury Sunday, Weekend Potluck, What’d You Do this Weekend?, Munching Monday, Inspiration Monday, the Hearth & Soul Bloghop and Bloggers Brags Pinterest Party.