Cherry Apple Walnut Chopped Salad
This salad is a light mix of fruity flavors with greens and a maple-licious dijon dressing. The dried cherries add an intensity that contrasts nicely with the crunchy sweet apples. I mixed in some Napa cabbage for the pretty curly leaves and the lovely light green color. Spinach provides the dark green.
It’s a great way to use up an apple that’s a little past its prime. It’s nice to have things like dried cherries and candied walnuts around to spruce up a winter salad. If you want a little more excitement in your salad, try adding some blue cheese crumbles. I tried it both with and without the cheese and liked it both ways.
- 1 apple, peeled & chopped (peeling is optional)
- 2 Tablespoons Maple Dijon Vinaigrette (recipe here)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped Napa Cabbage
- 1 cup chopped baby spinach leaves
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup chopped dried cherries
- Candied walnuts, chopped roughly
- Blue cheese crumbles (optional)
- In a small mixing bowl, toss together the apple and the vinaigrette.
- Add the cabbage, baby spinach, green onions and dried cherries to the bowl and toss to mix.
- Top with candied walnuts & blue cheese crumbles if desired.
This is a very lightly dressed salad. You may want to have the dressing on hand in case you want to add a little more.
RECIPE SOURCE: http://www.sumptuousspoonfuls.com/
© Copyright 2015, Sumptuous Spoonfuls. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to publish any of my images, please ask first. If you want to republish this recipe as your own, please re-write the recipe in your own words or link back to this post for the recipe.