Chicken & Black Bean Salad w Chipotle Ranch
I have had a marvelous Chipotle Cilantro ranch dressing from one of the local restaurants … I can’t quite recall which one, but I remember that yummy dressing. I found some amazing chipotle powder online, but I couldn’t find any fresh cilantro at the grocery store. Ah well, next time I will have to add the cilantro!
This salad is made with leftover chicken from the Garlic Greek Yogurt Chicken Kebabs. I just had to try some of that juicy chicken on a salad. It tasted so good, I made myself one to take to work for lunch the next day.
- 1/3 c. light mayonnaise
- 1/3 c. low fat milk
- 1 - 2 fresh cloves of garlic, peeled
- 2 - 3 Tablespoons fresh basil leaves
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- Several fresh parsley leaves or ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- A few fresh dill twigs or ½ teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 - 1 teaspoon ground chipotle powder
- 2 green onions (tops only) or a handful of fresh chives
- 1/4 c. nonfat Greek yogurt
- Mixed greens and/or chopped romaine
- Grilled chicken (for the Garlic Greek Yogurt chicken marinade, see this recipe), chopped
- Black beans, heated
- Yellow & red cherry tomatoes, halved
- Thinly sliced red onion
- Optional toppings: shredded cheese, roasted sunflower seeds, fried tortilla strips, cooked sweet corn, fresh avocado chunks
- To make the dressing, whir together all ingredients EXCEPT the yogurt in a handi chopper or food processor until the herbs are well chopped and all is mixed well. Pour into a bowl and stir in the yogurt. Add milk to thin to the desired consistency.
- For the salad: fill your salad plate/bowl with greens. top with hot chicken and black beans, then sprinkle with cherry tomatoes & red onion. Add other toppings as desired. Drizzle with dressing and enjoy!
Prep & cook time doesn't include the chicken cooking time.
RECIPE SOURCE: http://www.sumptuousspoonfuls.com/
© Copyright 2014, Sumptuous Spoonfuls. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to publish any of my images, please ask first. If you want to republish this recipe as your own, please re-write the recipe in your own words or link back to this post for the recipe.
This recipe was shared at Weekend Potluck, Our Sunday Best, Recipe Sharing Monday, Munching Monday, Tasty Tuesday, Simple Supper Tuesday, Thursday Favorite Things, Weekend Social, The Weekend Re-Treat, Lovely Ladies Linky, Hearth & Soul Bloghop and Let’s Get Real.