Chipotle Fish Taco Salad
with Herbed Lime Cilantro Yogurt dressing (salad dressing recipe adapted from 17 Recipes)
If there’s anything I love more than a taco, it’s a taco salad. Give me greens, some good things to put on them and an awesome homemade dressing and I’m a happy girl.
I had some more fish strips left after making those Chipotle Fish Tacos, so I decided a fish taco salad was in order. I found the dressing recipe over at 17 Recipes and was soooo intrigued by it. I’ve made lots of yogurt dressings, both sweet and savory, but this one just struck me as a treasure as soon as I saw it. I knew it would be just the thing to round out my fish taco salad. The truly amazing thing was, the dressing was so tasty that I felt the fish, the greens and a couple veggie additions were all it needed, making this an uber-healthy, super scrumptious meal. You can, if you like, add some chips or fried tortilla strips, but try the salad without them. You might be surprised just how lovely (addictive!) it tastes without them.
If you’re a visual person like me, add a few fresh, edible flowers to treat your eyes as well as your tongue.
- Chipotle fish strips (recipe here)
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons fresh snipped dill or 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 Tablespoon fresh oregano leaves or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle chili powder
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Mixed greens
- Shredded carrots
- Sweet onion, thinly sliced
- Cherry tomatoes, sliced in half (optional)
- Edible flowers (optional)
- Other options: sweet corn, avocado, black beans, fried corn tortilla strips or chips
- Make the fish strips from this recipe.
- While the fish are baking, make the dressing. In a small mixing bowl, stir together the yogurt, olive oil and milk until smooth. Stir in the remaining ingredients for the dressing and set aside.
- Fill your salad bowl or plate(s) most of the way with greens. Top with shredded carrot and thin slices of sweet onion. Add other toppings as desired. When the fish is done, add a few strips of fish to each plate and garnish with edible flowers or fried tortilla strips.
- Serve immediately, with the dressing on the side to spoon over the salads.
RECIPE SOURCE: http://www.sumptuousspoonfuls.com/
© Copyright 2013, Sumptuous Spoonfuls. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to publish any of my images, please ask first. If you want to republish this recipe as your own, please re-write the recipe in your own words or link back to this post for the recipe.