Chocolate Caramel Nut Magic Bars
I lied. The name of these bars is not “Chocolate Caramel Nut Magic Bars” … the real name for this recipe came about because I gave a box of these lovely bars to my yoga friend for her birthday. She told everyone at yoga how wonderful they were … so then I had to make them again so everyone could try them. I brought them out after yoga and everyone took one. As we were eating our bars, my sweet friend exclaimed, “oh my gosh, Ann, these are like an orgasm in your mouth!”
So the REAL name for these bars is not “Chocolate Caramel Nut Magic Bars”, although you can call them that if you want, but in my yoga circle we refer to them as Orgasm Bars. I didn’t think facebook would allow me to post this recipe with THAT name, though, so for the purposes of the photos, they are “Magic Bars”. (Good thing WE know better!)
These bars really do taste like an orgasm in your mouth, especially if you are a chocolate caramel lover. I know, it’s January and everyone is in New Year’s Resolution mode. But hey, you need a little balance in your life. Don’t stop doing all the good things you’re doing, but take a little break from all that health food you’re eating and enjoy yourself for a moment. Then share these with all your friends so you don’t eat them all yourself–or hide them away somewhere that forces you to practically exercise to get to them.
I highly recommend eating one of these bars in the morning, so you wake up with a satisfied sensation on your tongue that will carry with you the whole day long. The time of day that you eat sweets makes a huge difference on your waistline. Throw away that nonsense about never eating dessert for breakfast … if you are going to eat dessert, you should eat it for breakfast!
- 2 cups finely crushed chocolate graham cracker crumbs (or chocolate cookie crumbs)
- 1 cup finely crushed mixed nuts
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 oz. dark chocolate, melted
- 1 package caramel bits (or caramel chips)
- 1 cup good quality dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, melted
- Chocolate and caramel syrup
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups roasted salted mixed nuts
- 1 14-oz. can caramel flavor sweetened condensed milk (or regular flavor)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For the top: extra chocolate chips and about 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Spray a 13x9x2 inch pan with cooking spray.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix the crumbs, crushed nuts, melted butter and melted chocolate until well mixed. Press into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle the crust with caramel bits, chips, and about 2/3 of the nuts, then drizzle with peanut butter, chocolate and caramel syrup. Drizzle with the sweetened condensed milk, then sprinkle the rest of the nuts on top, some extra chocolate chips and then the sea salt.
- Bake at 350 F. for about 25 minutes or until the bars are set. Chill the bars, then cut into 1-inch squares. Store in a cool place.
RECIPE SOURCE: http://www.sumptuousspoonfuls.com/
© Copyright 2017, Sumptuous Spoonfuls. All images & content are copyright protected. I love it when you share, but please do not use my images on your own site/page without prior permission. If you want to publish any of my images, please ask first. Sharing, pinning, and tweeting is always appreciated as long as the shares and pins link back to here for the recipe. If you want to republish this recipe as your own, please re-write the recipe in your own words or link back to this post for the recipe.