Cilantro Coconut Curry Sauce
A delicious Thai-style curry sauce with a sweet coconut base, Sriracha, ginger, cilantro, lime, Thai red curry paste and jalapeno. It’s a new twist on that amazing Thai peanut sauce I love so much.
I used this sauce for my Watermelon Coconut Curry. The sauce is sooooo scrumptious and so simple to make, I think it deserves a post of its own. It’s wonderful stirred up with veggies like watermelon rind and potatoes, but you could also use it for chicken, fish, or pork, or as a salad dressing or dip for veggies or chips or fritters.
- 1 15-oz. can light coconut milk
- 1 Tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 Tablespoon fresh grated ginger root
- 1 - 2 Tablespoons finely chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon rice (or white) vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 2 Tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 - 4 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped fine
- Juice of 1/2 of a lime
- 2 Tablespoons Thai red curry paste (use more or less to taste)
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped fine (use more or less to taste)
- Sriracha sauce, to taste
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together all the ingredients.
- Taste and add more curry paste, jalapeno and/or Sriracha as desired.
- Store in an airtight bottle in the refrigerator. Use on chicken, fish or vegetarian curry dishes. Makes a great salad dressing or dipping sauce as well.
RECIPE SOURCE: http://www.sumptuousspoonfuls.com/
© Copyright 2014, Sumptuous Spoonfuls. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to publish any of my images, please ask first. If you want to republish this recipe as your own, please re-write the recipe in your own words or link back to this post for the recipe.