Coconut Chicken Stirfry Soup
Inspired by What a Girl Eats
I love a good Thai soup, but it’s difficult to find all the authentic Thai ingredients to make it … this soup has an exotic Thai taste, with ingredients that are pretty accessible to us in the middle US.
I also like to transform my leftovers into new creations, so I took my leftover stirfry (because I got a little carried away and made enough for four when I was just cooking for me) and made it into a bright, sunshiny soup.
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups cooked, cubed chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger root, peeled & chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can light coconut milk
- 2 Tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups leftover vegetable stirfry (recipe here)
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- In a medium saucepan, heat the chicken, ginger, chicken broth, coconut milk, honey, turmeric and cayenne over medium heat to boiling.
- Stir in the stirfry and cook for a few more minutes until everything is hot.
- Serve hot with cilantro for garnish.
RECIPE SOURCE: http://www.sumptuousspoonfuls.com/
© Copyright 2014, Sumptuous Spoonfuls. All images & content are copyright protected. I love it when you share, but please do not use my images on your own site/page without prior permission. If you want to publish any of my images, please ask first. Sharing, pinning, and tweeting is always appreciated as long as the shares and pins link back to here for the recipe. If you want to republish this recipe as your own, please re-write the recipe in your own words or link back to this post for the recipe.
This recipe was shared at Sunday Dinner, Munching Monday, Tuesday’s Table, Gluten Free Friday, Freedom Fridays with All my Bloggy Friends, The Gathering Spot, What to Do Weekends, Moonlight & Mason Jars and Hearth & Soul Bloghop.