Corned Beef & Chevre Cheese Spread
I don’t know what it is about travelling, but even after a short time away from home, I arrive to find myself STARVED for cheese and vegetables. My daughter and I made a quick trip to my niece’s dance competition last weekend and after arriving home, bringing in our things and saying hi to the cats, the first thing that came to my mind was a deep craving for cheese and fresh vegetables. I had meant to work out, but my body was telling me strongly that I needed to eat first. Hey, it had been 4 hours since we’d eaten … but all I’d been doing is sitting in the car! Really, was it THAT pressing?
Well, apparently it was because I was rummaging through the fridge the instant I got home, searching for some cheese … the corned beef from Friday had to get involved, and a few other things came along for the ride … then I noticed my garlic plants had made a beautiful little swirl to top it off. I totally had to capture that beautiful swirl on camera with my new found cheese spread …
So I found myself munching on crackers, carrots and cheese, with a big glass of water to rehydrate me, while my daughter gobbled up some of her favorite yogurt. It was a fun trip … but oh, it feels so good to be home!
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1/4 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 3 oz. Goat Cheese (chevre)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped corned beef
- 1 teaspoon garlic peppercorn (or dijon) mustard
- 2 Tablespoons (or more) snipped green onion
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- In a bowl, mix together the onion, yogurt and goat cheese until well blended.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and stir well until fully mixed.
- Spread on crackers or use as a dip (or spread!) for vegies such as cucumber, carrots or celery sticks.