Dark Chocolate Red Wine Fudge
Red wine & dark chocolate are a heavenly match and something I just HAD to try. And then I did add just a bit of hot pepper to make it dance on the tongue. It’s not spicy at all, but it has a beautiful tingle with the creamy chocolate fudge.
This lovely little fudge was one of the most popular items on the table at our Wine & Design event this year. I heard several people exclaim: “ooh red WINE fudge”?
I tell you, you’re going to love this fudge. And one of the things you’ll also love is it’s made in the microwave in about 5 minutes. What’s better than that? Make sure you have a glass of red wine while you’re making it … it makes stirring the chocolate much more pleasurable.
- 1 14-oz can fat free sweetened condensed milk
- 1 lb. high quality dark chocolate chips
- 2 Tablespoons red wine
- 2 teaspoons real vanilla extract
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon Chimayo powdered red chile peppers or cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Line a 9x9x2 inch pan with waxed paper, then spray the paper lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
- Put all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. Microwave on high 1 minute, stir well, then microwave another 30 seconds. Stir a lot. If all the chocolate is melted and the mixture is about the consistency of a very thick, shiny cake batter, it's ready. If not, microwave another 30 seconds and stir again.
- Pour the fudge into the prepared pan and use a spatula to smooth it out. Set in the fridge or other cool place to chill.
- Once the fudge is completely cool and hardened, cut into squares using a knife that has been warmed under hot water. Warm the knife again between cuts.
RECIPE SOURCE: http://www.sumptuousspoonfuls.com/
© Copyright 2015, Sumptuous Spoonfuls. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to publish any of my images, please ask first. If you want to republish this recipe as your own, please re-write the recipe in your own words or link back to this post for the recipe.