Double Pesto Shrimp Naan Pizza
If you love pesto, shrimp, and sun-dried tomatoes, you’re going to love this pizza. It’s got a layer of Pesto Rosso (sundried tomato pesto) underneath, a layer of Italian cheeses, and then a topping of basil pesto shrimp and little tomatoes. I added a few snipped garlic scapes, for fun, and some tiny basil leaves for garnish.
I bought the Naan at the grocery store the other day on a whim, because I was hungry for pizza and didn’t have time to make up a homemade pizza crust.
- About 8 - 10 medium shrimp
- 1/2 - 1 Tablespoon Basil Pesto (store-bought or homemade - recipe here)
- 2 Tablespoons Pesto Rosso (a.k.a., sundried tomato pesto: recipe here)
- 1 piece of Naan bread (or other flatbread)
- Shredded Italian blend of cheeses
- Garlic scapes (the greens), snipped
- Several cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- For garnish: fresh basil leaves
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Spray a small baking sheet with cooking spray. Toss the shrimp in the basil pesto and set on the baking sheet. Bake at 400 for about 3 - 5 minutes or until mostly cooked. Remove from oven.
- Spread a light layer of Pesto Rosso over the Naan, then top with shredded cheese. Arrange the shrimp and cherry tomatoes on the pizza, sprinkle with garlic scapes and a bit more cheese.
- Bake at 400 for about 8 - 10 minutes or until the cheese is nicely melted and a little brown on the edges. Slice and enjoy!
RECIPE SOURCE: http://www.sumptuousspoonfuls.com/
© Copyright 2013, Sumptuous Spoonfuls. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to publish any of my images, please ask first. If you want to republish this recipe as your own, please re-write the recipe in your own words or link back to this post for the recipe.
This recipe was shared at Friday Frenzy, Real Food Friday, The Weekend Re-Treat, The Weekend Social, Recipe Sharing Monday, Mostly Homemade Monday, Munching Monday, Tuesday’s Table, Tickle My Tastebuds Tuesday and Clever Chicks Bloghop.