Easy Chicken Skillet Mole
Hello my dear foodie friends: I am away from the kitchen today, so Elizabeth L. over at ReadySetEat has volunteered to tend the kitchen. I hope you enjoy her delicious Chicken Skillet Mole and do go take a look at ReadySetEat.com. It looks like a very handy site for a busy cook! ~ Ann
If you’re looking for a new way to enjoy chicken, then this Chicken Mole Skillet could be just the ticket. The mole sauce has a bold, unique flavor that will be perfect to share with your family or to serve to guests. It will only take thirty minutes to make, too, which is always a plus! It is a healthier recipe that does not skimp on flavor. Just pair with rice, and you have a complete meal.
- 1 tablespoon Pure Wesson® Canola Oil
- 1-1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
- 1 can (8 oz each) Hunt's® Tomato Sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons mole paste
- 1 tablespoon Swiss Miss® Milk Chocolate Hot Cocoa Mix
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Add chicken, onion and garlic to skillet; cook 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in tomato sauce, water, mole paste, hot cocoa mix and cinnamon. Reduce heat; simmer 10 minutes or until sauce thickens.
Healthier options do not need to be boring, which is demonstrated time and time again at Sumptuous Spoonfuls. Here at ReadySetEat, we believe that, too! Swing by ReadySetEat.com to find some more quick dinner ideas, including some healthier options.
This recipe was shared at Thursday Favorite Things.