Garden Medley Salad with Feta & Pecans
and a Sweet Hot Pepper Balsamic Vinaigrette
Salads are one of those things that just make me happy, inside and out, especially when they are full of color, contrasting textures and flavors and lots of crunch. This one was so good the first time I made it for a lunch at work, I had to make it again.
This pretty salad is, by the way, an excellent diversion for keeping you awake through a dry, boring lunchtime webinar. If it weren’t for this salad, I definitely would have fallen asleep!
- 1/4 cup pepper jelly (such as Uncle Gary's)
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Mixed Greens
- Sliced Cucumber
- Red onion, peeled and sliced thin
- Fresh cherry tomatoes, halved
- Sweet mini pepper, seeded and sliced
- Feta cheese crumbles
- Toasted pecan halves, chopped roughly
- Balsamic vinaigrette
- Mix the pepper jelly, balsamic vinegar, Italian seasoning and garlic powder together in a bowl until well mixed. Whisk the dressing while adding the olive oil in a thin stream. Set the dressing aside while you make the salad.
- Fill your salad plate or bowl most of the way with greens.
- Tuck in lots of cucumber slices, red onion, cherry tomatoes, and sweet pepper slices.
- Crumble a bit of feta cheese on top, and sprinkle with toasted pecans.
- Drizzle with dressing and enjoy.