Herbed Lime Cilantro Chipotle Yogurt dressing
This was the dressing I made for my Chipotle Fish Taco Salad … it was sooo good, I found myself using it on all sorts of salads and things, using it as a dip, but mostly enjoying it on all my salads.
This dressing taught me a magical secret about olive oil, milk and Greek yogurt: when mixed together, they create a wonderfully creamy spread that’s almost like mayonnaise, so you can skip all the extra calories that mayonnaise adds to things and just use these naturally healthy ingredients to create fabulous dressings and dips. My mind is spinning with all the possibilities …
But first, let’s revel in the flavors of fresh herbs, cumin, cilantro, smoky chipotle and tangy lime!
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons fresh snipped dill or 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 Tablespoon fresh oregano leaves (chopped) or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle chili powder
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together the yogurt, olive oil and milk until smooth. Stir in the remaining ingredients for the dressing. Thin with additional milk if needed, to the desired consistency.
- Let sit for at least 15 minutes to let the flavors meld together. Use as a dip with fresh veggies or chips, as a salad dressing, or as a spread on wraps or sandwiches.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.
RECIPE SOURCE: http://www.sumptuousspoonfuls.com/
© Copyright 2013, Sumptuous Spoonfuls. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to publish any of my images, please ask first. If you want to republish this recipe as your own, please re-write the recipe in your own words or link back to this post for the recipe.
This recipe was shared at Friday Frenzy, Gluten Free Friday, Freedom Fridays with All my Bloggy Friends, Real Food Friday, The Weekend Social, Weekend Potluck, The Weekend Re-Treat and Let’s Get Real.