Honey Walnut Goat Cheese Apricots w Blueberries
Recipe adapted from La Belle Cuisine (I am having troubles finding the recipe, but this one is one of her fabulous recipes, as best I can recall it.)
My friend Michele from La Belle Cuisine introduced me to this idea when she brought over this amazing recipe to one of my facebook parties. Every week she comes by to share recipes and every week I love them and make a note that I MUST make this one, and somehow it slips by without getting made.
On this particular occasion, I read the recipe and thought “that would be totally amazing” … and this time I was determined NOT to let it slip by. I went out and bought goat cheese and apricots and walnuts and blueberries right away. And then they sat in my fridge as several days in my life passed by … and the apricots that I had bought over-ripened and I had to ask myself “are you really going to make this? … and if so, you seriously need some new apricots” … and so I bought more apricots. And finally, at yoga class tonight, I realized, it is time, time for goat cheese in apricots with walnuts and blueberries. I thought about it all the way home …
… and once I finished making them, I could not believe how wonderful this tasted … I told my daughter she HAD to taste this honey lemon goat cheese … she tasted it and wanted more … so I had to show her how to make it because there was none left. And then I mentioned it’s better with berries. So she is sitting here next to me now, playing her teenage music, stumbling about on tumblr and sharing lots of strange posts with me, and all the time she is spreading this goat cheese mixture on crackers, topping it with mulberries, making happy faces with mulberries on her goat cheese crackers and happily munching. There are trays of her colored pencils everywhere and her sketches and other special art supplies. I love nights like this.
- 2 oz. goat cheese
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup toasted coarsely chopped walnuts
- Greens, to make a bed for the apricots
- 3 - 4 apricots, sliced in half with the pits removes
- A good handful of fresh blueberries
- Fresh edible flowers, for garnish
- Fresh squeezed lemon juice
- First, toast the walnuts by setting them on a baking sheet in a 350 degree oven (or toaster oven) for about 5 minutes or until they are brown and toasty.
- Mix together the goat cheese, honey, lemon juice and walnuts.
- Now, to make the plate: line it with greens, then add the apricots. Put a spoonful of the filling into each apricot half and top with fresh blueberries. Add fresh edible flowers for garnish, drizzle with lemon juice, and enjoy.
RECIPE SOURCE: http://www.sumptuousspoonfuls.com/
© Copyright 2013, Sumptuous Spoonfuls. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to publish any of my images, please ask first. If you want to republish this recipe as your own, please re-write the recipe in your own words or link back to this post for the recipe.