Hot Brandy Rose
Sometimes a recipe is so simple to make, I wonder whether it’s blog-worthy. But then I taste it and I think … how can I NOT share this?
So if this seems a bit too simple to you or if you’re not a tea-lover or if you don’t care for the taste or smell of roses or brandy, skip ahead to the more complicated stuff … but for those of you who love a hot cup of tea before bed … and the smell and taste of rose petals when outside it is frigid cold and white … this one is for you.
It is a warm soothing nightcap. I have found it brought me comfort when I was feeling a little cold coming on, or just when my bones were a little chilled and I wanted something hot and relaxing before bedtime. It reminds me of spring flowers when winter is starting to wear on me … and I just want it to be over. This tea takes me to spring NOW, when everything seems frozen.
These were my birthday roses, by the way. They brightened my table for a week, but they’re fading now … sigh. I need more flowers!
- 1 mug of Tazo Rest Tea (or similar rose-petal tea)
- 1 Tablespoon brandy
- 1 Tablespoon rose vodka
- 1 packet NuStevia white stevia powder (or honey or other sweetener, to taste)
- Brew a mug of rose petal tea, leaving a little space on top for the liqueurs.
- Stir in the brandy and rose vodka, then add the sweetener and stir.
- Enjoy while it's hot. Take a deep breath to smell the scent of the rose petals before you sip.