Lemon Garlic Butter Chicken
Adapted just slightly from Moore or Less Cooking
The other night my kids were wanting chicken, but we couldn’t make our go-to recipe easy honey Teriyaki chicken because we were out of honey … what to do? Well, I suggested to my kids we could look through my “recipes I want to try” Pinterest board and look for a chicken recipe. So they plopped down on either side of me and we perused the long list … and happened to chance upon this beauty from Moore or Less Cooking Blog. So we decided to give it a go.
We didn’t have any chicken thighs in the house. We have chicken legs and chicken breast tenders, because my daughter loves chicken legs and my son, well, he doesn’t want to deal with things like bones and skin. So I made this with partly chicken legs (as you can see) and some boneless, skinless chicken breast tenders (not pictured) that I had to take care cooking because they are so much smaller.
Both turned out marvelous from my taste tests. Daughter was pleased with the results … the boy (the much pickier eater of the two) also ate it, which is a good sign. Usually if he doesn’t like something he is not able to eat it at all. (We’ve had many conversations about how frustrating this is … it’s crazy when he says it is even more frustrating for him that he is so insanely picky. I kind of get what he’s talking about, though, because I’m the same way at restaurants.)
If you love chicken and butter and garlic and lemon (and who doesn’t love those things … well, other than my insanely-picky son?), you will absolutely LOVE this flavorful chicken recipe! Thank you Nettie at Moore or Less Cooking for sharing your fabulous recipe.
- 2 lbs. chicken pieces
- Salt, Pepper & Trader Joe's 21-Seasoning Salute
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil (for more flavor, use oil from marinated cheese)
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 - 3 Tablespoons butter (or, for a more heart healthy option: 1 T. butter, 1 T. olive oil)
- 6 - 8 cloves of garlic, chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 1 teaspoon capers
- Sprinkle the chicken pieces all over with salt, pepper and 21-Seasoning Salute.
- Heat olive oil in a saute pan over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook until browned on the bottom (about 5 mins), then flip and brown on the other side.
- Remove the chicken from the pan. Stir in the wine, about 1/4 of the sauce and stir to de-glaze the pan, then stir in the butter and garlic. Simmer uncovered for about 5 minutes.
- Return the chicken to the pan and add the remaining broth. Cover and simmer for 15 - 20 minutes, uncovering to baste the chicken with the liquid a couple times.
- While the chicken is cooking, whisk together the lemon juice and cornstarch.
- Add the lemon juice, thyme and capers to the pan. Continue cooking until the chicken is fully cooked and no longer pink.
I suggest serving this chicken with Basmati rice and steamed or roasted veggies.
RECIPE SOURCE: http://www.sumptuousspoonfuls.com/
© Copyright 2017, Sumptuous Spoonfuls. All images & content are copyright protected. I love it when you share, but please do not use my images on your own site/page without prior permission. If you want to publish any of my images, please ask first. Sharing, pinning, and tweeting is always appreciated as long as the shares and pins link back to here for the recipe. If you want to republish this recipe as your own, please re-write the recipe in your own words or link back to this post for the recipe.