Lemon Grilled Salmon w/Rosemary Garlic Veggies
I love salmon. It’s so quick to make, so healthy and soooo delicious. Preparing it on the grill is super fast and easy–you just make a little “plank” for it out of lemon slices and not only do you get that wonderful smoky taste, it’s also infused with the lively taste of lemon.
To accompany the salmon, I made a packet of potatoes, zucchini, yellow summer squash, tossed them with olive oil and rosemary and cooked this on the grill alongside the salmon. There was just enough potato in there to satisfy my carb cravings and enough veggies to round it all out and make it a perfect meal. I skipped the cheese (to cut calories), but if you wanted to take it up a notch, you could sprinkle the veggies with Parmesan or Asiago before sealing them into their packet.
- 1 salmon fillet
- Red Robin Seasoning & fresh-ground pepper
- Penzey's Turkish Seasoning (or other favorite seasoning mix)
- 1 fresh lemon, cut into slices
- 2 small potatoes (I used one red potato, 1 purple potato), peeled and cut into small chunks
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small zucchini, sliced and cut into wedges
- 1 small yellow or crookness squash, sliced and cut into wedges
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 1/2 of a large onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 - 4 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped fine
- a sprig of fresh rosemary leaves, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- If you are using a charcoal grill, get the charcoal started while you're prepping the veggies. Make a space for heat and a space without coals that will be warm, but not too hot.
- Sprinkle the salmon with Red Robin Seasoning, freshly ground pepper and Turkish Seasoning. For each piece of salmon you are cooking, slice up a lemon into thin slices. Squeeze one of the end pieces over the salmon.
- Now, peel and chop the potatoes, putting them in a medium microwave-safe mixing bowl. Toss them in a teaspoon of olive oil and sprinkle with the Red Robin Seasoning and pepper. Microwave on high for 2 minutes, then stir and poke with a fork. If the potatoes aren't tender yet, microwave another minute or two. While the potatoes are cooking, prep the rest of the veggies.
- Add the rest of the veggies to the bowl along with the garlic and rosemary and drizzle the oil over top. Add the chopped rosemary and sprinkle with Red Robin Seasoning and freshly ground pepper. Toss to coat all the veggies with a light coat of oil.
- Prepare an aluminum foil packet by laying down two layers of aluminum foil in a large rectangle, then pour the veggies onto the foil. Spread them out into a layer so they cover the foil but leave about an inch of space around all the edges. Add another piece of foil to cover and fold the edges in and over a couple times to seal. Slide the packet onto a large plate or platter.
- Slide the veggie packet onto the hot side of the grill.
- Now in the middle of the grill (on the edge of the "hot spot", take the lemon slices and lay them on the grill side by side, making a spot large enough to keep the salmon from touching the grill. Set the salmon on the lemons. Cover and cook for about 5 minutes. At this point the salmon may be done. Test it with a fork to see if it flakes nicely. If it is, take it off the grill and squeeze a little more lemon over top. Move the veggies over to the warm side of the grill, cover and let them cook for about 10 more minutes.
- If the salmon is not done, cover and cook a few more minutes. Stay close by because salmon will cook quickly. If your salmon is thick, it might take a little longer or you may need to flip it. Mine were pretty thin, so I had no need to flip it.
- To serve: make a bed of veggies on your plate and set the salmon on top. Serve with lemon slices (or the ends of the lemon).
RECIPE SOURCE: http://www.sumptuousspoonfuls.com/
© Copyright 2015, Sumptuous Spoonfuls. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to publish any of my images, please ask first. If you want to republish this recipe as your own, please re-write the recipe in your own words or link back to this post for the recipe.
This recipe was shared at: Munching Monday, Inspire Me Monday, Mostly Homemade Monday, Treasure Box Tuesday, Wine’d Down Wednesday, Gluten Free Friday, The Weekend Re-Treat, Moonlight & Mason Jars and Hearth & Soul Bloghop.
Support this blog by starting your shopping here: