Mediterranean Smoked Turkey Wrap
I’m doing a series of lunchbox cooking classes at work and all kinds of fun ideas were flooding through my head for recipes I could feature. My mind drifted back to a simple supper I made for myself one time after a long camping weekend when we stayed up way too late, lazed around on Sunday and when we got back home, I was exhausted, yet starving for some good, healthy food. It was a whole wheat pita pocket with hummus, greens, tomatoes, pinons & feta cheese and it was wonderful … so this weekend, I looked all over for some pita pockets at the grocery store and after trying three different places, I gave up and decided we’re going to have to do a wrap instead. I know, I could make them at home but I am certain my friends at work won’t have time for that.
I added some smoked turkey for a little extra protein and it was yummy, hearty, filling, yet light and healthy all at the same time. I could only eat about half of my wrap, so I put the other half in a container in the fridge for a healthy lunch next week. How appropriate!
If you want to make your own hummus for this wrap, it’s really easy and so much cheaper! Here are a few of my favorite hummus recipes:
- Roasted Red Pepper Chipotle Hummus
- Sriracha Hummus
- Basil Rosemary Sundried Tomato Hummus
- Zummus (zucchini – lima hummus)
- Avocado Artichoke Hummus
- Cannellini Bean Hummus w Feta & Oregano
- Basil-iferous Hummus
Ready for the wrap recipe? You’re going to love the super simplicity of this recipe.
- 1 X-large spinach or whole wheat tortilla
- About 1/2 cup hummus
- 5 - 6 slices smoked turkey
- Matchstick carrots
- Mixed greens
- Sliced tomato or halved cherry tomatoes
- Roasted red pepper strips (optional)
- Crumbled feta cheese (optional)
- If needed, warm the wrap slightly in the microwave to make it very flexible. Spread the wrap with hummus to about 1 inch of the edge.
- Lay smoked turkey slices in a line down the center of the wrap. Make a line of matchstick carrots down the same line, then add a bunch of greens and tomato down the same line.
- Sprinkle with feta cheese, if desired. Fold the edges up, then roll the wrap up burrito style.
- Slice in half and serve--or package it up for a healthy lunch.
If you want to go over-the-top Greek with this wrap, add a layer of Tzatziki with the hummus.
RECIPE SOURCE: http://www.sumptuousspoonfuls.com/
© Copyright 2015, Sumptuous Spoonfuls. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to publish any of my images, please ask first. If you want to republish this recipe as your own, please re-write the recipe in your own words or link back to this post for the recipe.