Mushroom Kale Stuffing
It’s Christmas and I’m finally posting this recipe we made on Thanksgiving. My sister brought this gorgeous bunch of kale for Thanksgiving and we decided we needed to put it in the stuffing. We all loved the earthy taste and texture that the kale added to the stuffing.
This recipe makes a LOT of stuffing, so it’s perfect for a large crowd when you’re making a big turkey.
- 6 cups chopped, packed kale
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups chopped celery (about 4 stalks of celery)
- 2 cups chopped onion (1 large or 2 medium)
- 10 cups cubed fresh bread
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled & chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 8 oz. fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3/4 cup vegetable or chicken broth
- 5 Tablespoons butter, melted
- salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Cut the ribs from the kale and massage the leaves with olive oil. In a very large bowl, toss together the kale, celery, onion, bread, sage, garlic, thyme, and mushrooms.
- Drizzle the bread mixture with broth and butter and toss again. Add salt and pepper to taste, then stuff the bird with the stuffing.
- When the bird is done cooking, scoop out the stuffing and serve on the side.
RECIPE SOURCE: http://www.sumptuousspoonfuls.com/
© Copyright 2015, Sumptuous Spoonfuls. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to publish any of my images, please ask first. If you want to republish this recipe as your own, please re-write the recipe in your own words or link back to this post for the recipe.