Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
My mother has been trying new flavors of zucchini bread … she told me the most popular flavor she’s made lately is the peanut butter one. She makes hers with peanut butter chips … my mom is not a big fan of chocolate, but she does like peanut butter.
Mom didn’t give me a recipe, probably knowing that I really didn’t need one … and if she had given me one, I would change it anyway. Mom knows me well!
I made up my own version of peanut butter zucchini bread … mine had to have chocolate. Dark chocolate. Because peanut butter and dark chocolate just belong together.
Mom is right … this flavor of zucchini bread is divine … the texture is just perfect … and it’s even better with a little schmear of peanut butter.
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup low-fat milk
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 - 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray two 9x5 inch loaf pans with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the peanut butter and the sugar until well mixed, then stir in the eggs and the rest of the wet ingredients.
- Sprinkle the dry ingredients (except for the chocolate chips) on top, then gently stir them into the wet ingredients just until mixed. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Divide the batter amongst the two baking pans and bake at 350 F for 50 - 60 minutes, or until a wooden pick or knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool at least 10 minutes before slicing.
RECIPE SOURCE: http://www.sumptuousspoonfuls.com/
© Copyright 2016, Sumptuous Spoonfuls. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to publish any of my images, please ask first. If you want to republish this recipe as your own, please re-write the recipe in your own words or link back to this post for the recipe.
This recipe was shared at Foodie Friends Friday, What’s for Dinner Sunday, Sunday Fitness & Food Linkup, Weekend Potluck, Pretty Pintastic Pinterest Party, Let’s Get Real, Clever Chicks Bloghop, Happiness is Homemade, Hearth & Soul Bloghop and Home Matters.