Smoked Salmon Sundried Tomato Spread
Smoked salmon, sundried tomatoes, herbs and garlic all join together in this scrumptious savory cheese spread. This easy spread keeps for quite a while in the fridge, so you can have it “on hand” whenever you need a little special something for an impromptu gathering of friends or family.
I made a similar salmon spread to this last fall for a special event, spread it on large flour tortillas, sprinkled with chopped bell pepper and cucumber bits, rolled it up and cut it into slices to make little spiral appetizers. They were the first thing to disappear from the table. I vowed to make this again as a cheese spread because I noticed how good it was to spread on crackers.
Set this out with some crackers for little munchies to serve with wine or cocktails–or spread it on your bagel in the morning.
- 12 oz. Greek cream cheese (or Neufchatel), softened
- About 7 - 8 oz. smoked salmon, flaked
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 - 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped fine
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- a pinch of red pepper flakes
- chopped fresh herbs (I used dill, rosemary, basil, garlic scapes, green onion, tarragon ... but adjust to your own preferences/availability)
- In a small food processor a handi chopper, add all the ingredients and blend to mix well.
- Taste and add seasonings/herbs as desired.
- Put in an airtight container and refrigerate for at least an hour or up to a week.
- Serve with crackers.
RECIPE SOURCE: http://www.sumptuousspoonfuls.com/
© Copyright 2015, Sumptuous Spoonfuls. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to publish any of my images, please ask first. If you want to republish this recipe as your own, please re-write the recipe in your own words or link back to this post for the recipe.