Smoky Romesco Mini Cheese Balls
Have you ever accidentally clicked the “Publish” button before you were ready to publish the recipe … that is what happened tonight so now I’m in a big panic to get this post polished before most of you see it.
It’s kind of like sending out the email to an important client without the attachment. Ooops!
These baby cheeseballs have a little bit of red pepper kick to them, yet they’re also smoky with just a hint of sweetness. I think your party guests will love them! I am guessing these will be the hit of our fruit & cheese plate at our big event tomorrow night.
- 10 oz. Greek cream cheese (or Neufchatel), softened
- 2 oz. soft goat cheese
- 1/2 cup Romesco sauce (recipe here)
- 1/2 cup fine cracker crumbs
- 1 cup finely shredded Italian cheeses
- 1 - 2 teaspoons chopped hot pepper
- extra shredded cheese
- a bit of snipped chives
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the cream cheese, goat cheese, Romesco sauce, cracker crumbs, shredded cheeses and hot peppers. Stir well until everything is nicely mixed together.
- Put in the fridge to cool until the cream cheese has hardened. When you are ready to make the cheeseballs, fill a small bowl with shredded cheeses (mixed with chives and/or nuts if you please).
- Spray your hands with cooking spray and shape spoonfuls of the mixture into balls. Roll in the shredded cheeses and sprinkle with snipped chives and/or parsley.
- Refrigerate in a covered container until close to serving time. Let warm slightly before serving. Enjoy as a little bite or spread on crackers, cucumber slices, or toast.
RECIPE SOURCE: http://www.sumptuousspoonfuls.com/
© Copyright 2015, Sumptuous Spoonfuls. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to publish any of my images, please ask first. If you want to republish this recipe as your own, please re-write the recipe in your own words or link back to this post for the recipe.