Steak & Blue Cheese Salad w Roasted Veggies
Sometimes leftovers are simply best served on a bed of greens, with a sprinkle of cheese and a good dressing.
I would totally choose this salad over a hunk of meat on a plate any day. I made a whole meal out of two chunks of meat from a kabob and savored every bite. To me, it would be worth cooking steak (or steak kabobs) just so I could have leftovers to make this salad. You don’t have to tell me … I’m a little weird … I know. But even if you’re not a salad fanatic like me, what’s better than steak and blue cheese, together? It’s a perfect harmony of flavor. The greens and veggies are there to balance it out and make your body feel all happy inside.
I have made this salad twice now, and savored every bite … now I am wondering if I have enough steak pieces left in the fridge to make another?
- Mixed spring greens
- A couple chunks of leftover steak kabobs (recipe here) or other flavorful, juicy leftover steak, chopped
- Grilled or roasted vegetables (I used red onion, red bell pepper, tomato and zucchini from the steak kabobs)
- Good quality blue cheese, crumbled
- Homemade blue cheese (recipe here) or ranch dressing (recipe here)
- Make a nice bed of greens on your salad plate(s) or bowl(s). Top with chopped steak, roasted veggies, and a good sprinkling of blue cheese crumbles.
- Drizzle with a good blue cheese or ranch.
RECIPE SOURCE: http://www.sumptuousspoonfuls.com/
© Copyright 2014, Sumptuous Spoonfuls. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to publish any of my images, please ask first. If you want to republish this recipe as your own, please re-write the recipe in your own words or link back to this post for the recipe.