Here’s another spooky fun idea for Halloween! Quick and simple to make, and who doesn’t love chocolate covered strawberries? Using white chocolate and give them a spooky face and you have strawberry ghosts.
My daughter gobbled these up right after the photo shoot. We’ll be making more later this week.
- Fresh strawberries, washed & dried
- White chocolate melts or almond bark
- Mini chocolate chips
- Melted dark chocolate or black gel frosting
- Wash and dry the strawberries and set aside. Line a baking sheet with silicon baking mat or waxed paper. Set aside.
- Put the white chocolate into a bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir, microwave 30 seconds more, stir again. Repeat until the white chocolate is fully melted.
- Dip the strawberries into the white chocolate, covering mostly with white chocolate. Immediately add mimni chocolate chip eyes, then wait until the white chocolate sets.
- Use the black gel frosting to draw an "O" for a mouth, or elt some of the mini chocolate chips in a similar manner to the white chocolate chips. Using a toothpick, draw a round “O” mouth on each ghost.
RECIPE SOURCE: http://www.sumptuousspoonfuls.com/
© Copyright 2014, Sumptuous Spoonfuls. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to publish any of my images, please ask first. If you want to republish this recipe as your own, please re-write the recipe in your own words or link back to this post for the recipe.