Strawberry Rhubarb Vinaigrette
Hurrah it’s finally spring … my favorite things in the spring are the spring flowers and rhubarb and asparagus … and spring salads. Oh I love a good salad. And I love a good homemade salad dressing.
The past couple days have been chilly. I’ll be glad when we get back to spring temps … then I’ll want another spring berry salad. With this heavenly dressing. It’s strawberry rhubarb pie in a salad dressing. It dresses up a spring salad so perfectly.
- 1 1/4 cups mixed chopped strawberries & rhubarb (2/3 cup fruit with juices after cooking)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- A few fresh basil leaves
- A small slice of fresh ginger root
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Put the strawberries, rhubarb, sugar and vanilla in a small saucepan and stir. Let sit for about 15 minutes so the strawberry and rhubarb juices start to appear. Cook over medium heat for about 10 - 15 minutes, stirring frequently, or until the rhubarb is just getting tender (but before it falls apart completely).
- Put 2/3 cup of the strawberry rhubarb mixture (with juices!) in a handi chopper or blender with the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Let cool before using on a salad. Store any unused dressing in an airtight container in the fridge.
RECIPE SOURCE: http://www.sumptuousspoonfuls.com/
© Copyright 2014, Sumptuous Spoonfuls. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to publish any of my images, please ask first. If you want to republish this recipe as your own, please re-write the recipe in your own words or link back to this post for the recipe.