Summer Herb Greek Yogurt Mayo
Once I noticed that plain Greek yogurt + olive oil has a texture much like mayonnaise, I had to try another “flavor” … I decided to go “green” and take advantage of all the chives and lovely summer herbs in my herb garden.
Which brought me to this … a green mayo that goes well on things like asparagus tarts, sandwiches, in deviled eggs and pasta salads and on green salads too! It can even serve as a dip with veggies, chips or crackers. Oh yes, this is a most versatile spread. No, it’s not really mayonnaise because there are no eggs in it … but I’m okay with that, and I think you’re going to be okay with it too. This mock mayonnaise is so much easier to make than mayo, plus it’s both healthier AND yummier.
- A handful of mixed herbs, chives, and green onion (I used basil, rosemary, tarragon, dill, oregano, chives & green onion)
- A few garlic scapes (greens from garlic) or 1 clove of garlic, peeled
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons nonfat or low-fat milk
- 1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (more or less to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Gather your herbs, chives, green onion and garlic scapes (or garlic) and put them in a handi chopper. Pour in the olive oil and milk and blend to chop all the herbs very fine.
- Put the Greek yogurt in a small mixing bowl and add the chopped herb mixture, carefully scraping out all the herbs from the chopper bowl. Add the salt & sugar and stir to mix well.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
RECIPE SOURCE: http://www.sumptuousspoonfuls.com/
© Copyright 2013, Sumptuous Spoonfuls. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to publish any of my images, please ask first. If you want to republish this recipe as your own, please re-write the recipe in your own words or link back to this post for the recipe.
This recipe was shared at Recipe Sharing Monday, Mix it Up Monday, Melt in your Mouth Monday, Tasty Tuesdays, Tuesday’s Table, Simple Supper Tuesday, Wednesday Roundup, Gluten Free Friday and The Weekend Social.