Super Simple Lactose Free Ranch Dressing
One day at work a friend of mine messaged me, asking if I had a lactose-free recipe for ranch dressing. She has a great love for ranch dressing, but lately has developed a lactose intolerance and she was so sad that she is unable to eat her beloved ranch anymore (well, she still CAN eat it, but … her tummy does not like it when she does). Milk and yogurt are the prime ingredients in most of my ranch dressing recipes and she tells me even yogurt is no longer friendly to her, so I made a suggestion as to how she could do it. She never did try my suggestion … perhaps I was too vague?
A while later, I was preparing for my “comfort foods” cooking class at work and when I saw her name on the class roster, I remembered her comfort food is ranch dressing. I decided to make a lactose free ranch dressing for the class, since my friend was supposed to be there.
Well, she didn’t make it to the class, but I stopped by her desk later and gave her the rest of the ranch dressing. She gave me a BIG hug. That was totally worth the effort. Not that it took much effort to make this dressing. It takes all of 10 minutes, maybe, to whip up this dressing, and it seriously does have an delightful authentic ranch dressing taste. I’m tempted to make it again, despite that my own tummy loves milk and yogurt.
- 1 16-oz. jar of Veganaise (lactose free mayonnaise)
- 2 - 4 Tablespoons unsweetened coconut or almond milk (I used a coconut/almond milk blend)
- 1 - 2 cloves garlic, peeled & finely chopped
- A few finely chopped fresh herbs (I used a few basil leaves, a bit of parsley, some chives, and a bit of rosemary)
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dill
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- Whisk together all the ingredients in a small mixing bowl.
- Add a bit more coconut/almond milk if the dressing is too thick and adjust the herbs and salt to your liking.
RECIPE SOURCE: http://www.sumptuousspoonfuls.com/
© Copyright 2015, Sumptuous Spoonfuls. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to publish any of my images, please ask first. If you want to republish this recipe as your own, please re-write the recipe in your own words or link back to this post for the recipe.
This recipe was shared at Treasure Box Tuesday, Wine’d Down Wednesday, Freedom Fridays with All my Bloggy Friends, What to Do Weekends, The Weekend Re-treat, Let’s Get Real and Moonlight & Mason Jars.