Blue Chicken Avocado Salad
Sometimes I come home from work and my daughter has made chicken but she hasn’t eaten it all. Yesterday was one of those days. I came home and there were two whole chicken tenders sitting on a plate on the table that she hadn’t touched. This always makes me think “salad”. This may sound really odd, but I’m not much of a chicken nugget/chicken tender eater unless there are vegetables involved, preferably lots of greens and a good dressing. I’m weird, I know.
So I took one of those tenders, rummaged around in the fridge to find some yummies to go with it and made a very satisfying and pretty salad.
- Chopped chicken (breaded, baked or grilled ... leftover chicken is perfect for this), warmed & chopped
- Fresh mixed greens
- Blue cheese crumbles
- Slices of ripe avocado
- Sweet, ripe cherry tomatoes, halved
- Homemade Blue cheese dressing (recipe here) ... or ranch, whatever you prefer
- Heat or cook the chicken, then chop. For my personal salad, I used 1 chicken tender.
- Fill your salad plate or bowl mostly with greens. Add blue cheese crumbles, avocado, & cherry tomatoes.
- Drizzle with dressing and enjoy!
For a gluten free salad, make sure to use gluten free chicken.
RECIPE SOURCE: http://www.sumptuousspoonfuls.com/
© Copyright 2014, Sumptuous Spoonfuls. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to publish any of my images, please ask first. If you want to republish this recipe as your own, please re-write the recipe in your own words or link back to this post for the recipe.