and a Ginger Yogurt Dressing
Sweet dried cranberries with creamy goat cheese and crunchy pecans over a bed of mixed greens drizzled with a sweet creamy ginger yogurt dressing.
Robin at Knead to Cook is having a virtual Thanksgiving party on facebook today. There have been loads of Thanksgiving parties this month, but this one suddenly struck me for some reason. I was looking at my lineup of recent recipes and I realized I haven’t done much to get ready for Thanksgiving this year. I guess I’ve had other things on my mind …
Anyway, the one thing we always HAVE to have on our table is a beautiful salad. And just thinking about that made me hungry for a really good salad. The kind of salad you would be proud to put on your Thanksgiving table. This is it.
And here’s the big bonus: it only takes a few minutes to put together.
- Mixed greens
- Dried cranberries (Craisins)
- Pecans, roughly chopped and toasted (or walnuts, whatever you prefer)
- Goat cheese crumbles
- Fresh basil or mint leaves (optional)
- 1/3 cup vanilla lowfat yogurt
- 1 – 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger root
- a bit of milk, to thin
- In a small bowl, mix the vanilla yogurt with the grated ginger root. Add milk as needed to thin out the yogurt to the right consistency to drizzle properly.
- Fill your bowl most of the way with mixed greens.
- Sprinkle the greens with cranberries, pecans & goat cheese crumbles. Add a few basil or mint leaves if you like.
- Drizzle with dressing and serve.
I'm not giving amounts for the salad ingredients because you can make this salad as big or small as you need.
This recipe was shared at Terrific Tuesdays, Wonderful Food Wednesday, Cast Party Wednesday, Wednesday Extravaganza, Full Plate Thursday, Tastetastic Thursday, Fantastic Thursday, Frugal Foods Thursday, Tasty Thursday, Thursday’s Treasures, Foodie Friday Recipes, Farm Girl Friday, Foodie Friends Friday, Fabulous Friday, Foodie Friday, Recipe Box Linkup, KM’s Thanksgiving Bloghop, Healthy Holidays Potluck Party and All my Bloggy Friends.