Pumpkin Maple Amaretto Trifle
A whipped cream lover’s delight … layers of pumpkin maple amaretto infused mascarpone cheese with angel food cake squares and amaretto whipped cream.
I’ve made this trifle twice now … once for my friend at work who recently had a birthday, but I didn’t photograph it that day, so I HAD to make it again. I decided to make it for my dear friend and yoga teacher that I rarely see anymore. She hasn’t been teaching yoga because her new yoga studio is under construction. But she and her husband always have a big Halloween bash and I thought my new guy would love meeting my yoga friend and would totally love the party. I also know my yoga friend and how she loves treats and I knew she would love the trifle. So I thought these things all needed to coincide.
So we dropped off daughter at her teen party and we went to my friend’s house. He wasn’t so sure about this, but once we got there, we both had a blast dancing to Halloween music, hanging out by the fire, chatting with the people there, handing out candy to all the trick or treaters, and eating pumpkin trifle. He was dressed up as a cowboy and I in my Ren Fest garb with my dragon on my shoulder. We had such fun. That damn man better not run away and break my heart …
Everyone at the party who tasted the trifle was raving about it … and some were asking if the recipe was online yet. My friend at work had already been asking for the recipe. So I guess I better get it up on the blog!
You could make this trifle even prettier by putting it in individual glasses or bowls if you’re making it at home. It’s so much easier to transport to a party in a glass Pyrex pan, though. It would be the perfect “bring-along” dessert for Thanksgiving.
- 8 oz. mascarpone cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 oz. Greek cream cheese (or Neufchatel)
- 1 Tablespoon amaretto
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons amaretto liqueur
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 angel food cake loaf or 1/2 of a regular size angel food cake
- About 1 cup toasted pecans
- About 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- In a medium mixing bowl, put all the ingredients for the Pumpkin Maple Amaretto Mascarpone and stir to mix. Then get out the beaters and whip the mixture on high until it is fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, mix the whipped cream until it's stiff, then add the maple syrup, amaretto, brown sugar and vanilla and whip until it's all mixed in well.
- Cut the angel food cake into small (3/4 inch - 1 inch) squares.
- On the bottom of a 9x9x2 inch pan or glass pyrex rectangular pan, smooth about half of the pumpkin mixture, top with a layer of angel food cake squares, then cover with half the whipped cream mixture. then the rest of the pumpkin mixture, Add another layer of angel food cake and top with the rest of the whipped cream. Arrange the pecans on top and dust with pumpkin pie spice.
- Cover and chill until serving time. Makes a great "bring-along" dessert for holiday parties.
RECIPE SOURCE: http://www.sumptuousspoonfuls.com/
© Copyright 2015, Sumptuous Spoonfuls. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to publish any of my images, please ask first. If you want to republish this recipe as your own, please re-write the recipe in your own words or link back to this post for the recipe.