Bacon Chipotle Cheeseburger Mushrooms for #BurgerMonth
Did you know that May is National Burger Month? So that’s why I’ve been craving a hefty, juicy burger! Kita from Girl Carnivore has organized a HUGE wonderful event full of loads of luscious burgers from 60 of the most talented food bloggers. How awesome is that? Plus, Certified Angus Beef® and my cheese friends from Cabot Cheese are involved too. I’m so psyched to be participating in this epic event! This means there are prizes (scroll down) and loads of oh my goodness amazing recipes. PLEASE SCROLL DOWN to the end of this post for all the burger-licious recipes and chances to WIN too!
Let’s talk about these scrumptious mushrooms. For those of you who have been here with me the past few months, you know I’ve been on an uber health kick/lose-the-damn-baby-fat-from-17-years-ago, so I’ve been cutting calories like mad, reducing carbs and working out every day.
Turns out that my good old buddies the mushrooms that I’ve loved all my life are perfect for weight loss and cutting carbs. They contain lots of nutrients with almost no calories or carbs, so ‘shrooms can totally help with any weight loss (or weight maintenance) goals. Stuff your mushroom friends with high-protein, low fat meat and you have all the things that fitness people evangelize along with the burger heaven that you know you want.
So these little bites are mini low-cal, low-carb versions of those restaurant burgers that you crave. Just make sure to use low-fat meat–it’s even better if you use grass-fed beef or healthy lean wild game like venison, elk, buffalo or antelope. The kick from the chipotle adds just a bit of heat (unless you want to kick it up), enough to dance on your tongue. The mushrooms, the meat and the cheese all collaborate to hold in the juiciness and flavor.
To add even more deliciousness to this recipe, you may want to serve these little bites with Sriracha Ranch Salad Dressing. Oh yes … you’re going to love this. And don’t forget to SCROLL DOWN to WIN!
- 1/2 lb. lean ground beef (or other ground meat)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 mini sweet pepper, chopped fine
- 1 Tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder (or more, if you want more heat)
- 1 teaspoon Red Robin Seasoning (or your favorite seasoned salt)
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 slices cooked bacon, cut into about 15 small pieces
- About 15 baby bella mushrooms, stems removed
- About 15 small square slices of chipotle cheddar cheese
- About 15 small lettuce leaves
- About 15 small wedges of avocado (optional)
- About 15 cherry tomato halves
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. In a small mixing bowl, mix together all the ingredients for the burger mixture. The best way to do this is to use your hands to massage all the flavor into the meat.
- De-stem the mushrooms, setting aside the stems for another purpose. Stuff each mushroom liberally with the burger mixture. Set the mushrooms on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake at 400 F for about 10 minutes or until the burger is nicely browned. Meanwhile, cook the bacon.
- Top each mushroom with a small square of sliced cheese. Bake for 5 minutes more. At this point, you can store the mushrooms for later and reheat at serving time.
- At serving time, use a toothpick to secure a bit of lettuce, bacon, avocado and half of a cherry tomato to the top of each mini cheeseburger. Enjoy!
RECIPE SOURCE: http://www.sumptuousspoonfuls.com/
© Copyright 2016, Sumptuous Spoonfuls. All images & content are copyright protected. I love it when you share, but please do not use my images on your own site/page without prior permission. If you want to publish any of my images, please ask first. Sharing, pinning, and tweeting is always appreciated as long as the shares and pins link back to here for the recipe. If you want to republish this recipe as your own, please re-write the recipe in your own words or link back to this post for the recipe.
Where this epic burger creation is my own for #BurgerMonth 2016, I would love to thank Certified Angus Beef, Cowboy Charcoal, Char-broil, Dreamfarm, Cabot Cheese, Grill Master Club, American Lamb Board, and CuttingBoard.com for the kick butt grill prize packages!
And if you’re looking for more burger inspiration, go visit the other contributors to Week 2 of Burger Month:
The Suburban Soapbox, The Spiffy Cookie, Nomageddon, Sumptuous Spoonfuls, Cafe Terra Blog, Tampa Cake Girl, Moore or Less Cooking, Alexandra Whitney, Kathy’s Kitchen Recipes, Bakeaholic Mama, Pineapple and Coconut, and Hey Girl Hey.