Balsamic Avocado Cheese Dip
A creamy dip with avocado, cream cheese and a hint of balsamic vinaigrette. It goes perfect with chips, crackers, and vegies.
I wanted to make an avocado dip that wasn’t guacamole. I started by mixing up a mashed avocado with a package of cream cheese and then started looking for something different to add to the dip. I had also just finished making myself a salad to take to work and my hot pepper balsamic vinaigrette was sitting there next to the bowl … aha! That’s it! I stirred in a couple tablespoons of balsamic vinaigrette and that was just the thing. I took some to our yoga Christmas party and my yoga friends loved it, so I took some to work on a vegie tray and it went over well there, too. So I made some up for my family today too. My dad and sister thought it needs some hot peppers, so we added some chopped hot peppers.
- 1 large avocado
- 1 8-oz. package light cream cheese
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette
- Juice of 1 large kumquat (substitute a teaspoon or so of lime or lemon or other citrus juice if you don't have a kumquat)
- 1 - 2 Tablespoons or so of chopped hot peppers (such as Uncle Gary's Gourmet Hot Peppers) ... optional
- Cut the avocado in half, pull out the pit and scoop out the green flesh into a medium bowl.
- Mash the avocado with a fork, then stir in the cream cheese and vinaigrette until smooth. Stir in the chopped hot peppers if desired.
- Serve with chips, crackers, and/or veggies.