Basil Spinach & Corn Quinoa
I just adore the nutty chewiness that is quinoa. It’s like nothing else … and it’s so wonderfully healthy and good for you too!
I had some cooked quinoa in my fridge that needed sprucing up and some fresh spinach that needed to be used quickly, so I grabbed a few of my favorite ingredients and made this little beauty of a dish. It can be a meal or a side dish, whatever you prefer. I think it would be really good with chicken, too, but I was happy with it just like this.
This dish was inspired by that fabulous Basil Chive Corn & Cucumber Salad from Fountain Avenue Kitchen … it’s a little different twist, but I think you’re going to love it.
- 1 - 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled & chopped
- 3 - 4 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 3/4 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 Tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and saute until the onion is soft & translucent.
- Add the spinach, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the spinach is wilted. Stir in the corn until warm, then the quinoa, then the basil.
- Cook until all is nice and hot, then serve with fresh basil as a garnish if desired.
RECIPE SOURCE: http://www.sumptuousspoonfuls.com/
© Copyright 2016, Sumptuous Spoonfuls. All images & content are copyright protected. I love it when you share, but please do not use my images on your own site/page without prior permission. If you want to publish any of my images, please ask first. Sharing, pinning, and tweeting is always appreciated as long as the shares and pins link back to here for the recipe. If you want to republish this recipe as your own, please re-write the recipe in your own words or link back to this post for the recipe.