Black Bean & Rice Fiesta Breakfast
Here’s another delicious use for that Cilantro Lime Rice … make a TexMex breakfast out of it! I had this for breakfast one very busy morning because I wanted to eat up the last bit of the cilantro lime rice before my kids and I headed out for the day’s adventure. I needed a simple but hearty breakfast that would energize me for the long haul because we had a long day ahead of us with very few chances to eat. This quick little breakfast definitely did the trick. The protein from the beans, cheese and egg along with the carbs from the rice were just what my body needed that day.
All I did was heat up that yummy rice with some black beans, add some melty cheese and some of my Copycat Chili’s salsa (with a little chipotle and cilantro added) and then topped it all off with an egg. I was out of fresh cilantro or I would have thrown a few cilantro leaves on top as well, but it was delightful, just like this. A perfect, quick breakfast for a busy day.
- About 1/3 cup Cilantro Lime Rice (recipe here)
- About 1/3 cup seasoned black beans
- About 1/4 cup shredded Mexican blend of cheeses
- Your favorite salsa
- 1 egg, prepared to your liking
- Put the hot rice and black beans on the plate and top with cheeses and salsa. Microwave (or bake) until the cheeses melt, about 1 - 2 minutes in the microwave.
- Cook an egg to your liking (I like mine over easy).
- Top the rice/bean mixture with salsa, then slide the hot cooked egg on top. Garnish with peppers, cilantro, avocado and/or lime.
RECIPE SOURCE: http://www.sumptuousspoonfuls.com/
© Copyright 2014, Sumptuous Spoonfuls. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to publish any of my images, please ask first. If you want to republish this recipe as your own, please re-write the recipe in your own words or link back to this post for the recipe.
This recipe was shared at Freedom Fridays with All my Bloggy Friends, Weekend Potluck, What to Do Weekends, Munching Mondays, Treasure Box Tuesdays, Tuesday’s Table, Meatless Monday and City of Links.