Broccoli Mushroom Wild Rice Cups
These little bites are made with real Minnesota wild rice. I was the lucky recipient of the leftover wild rice from our Easter dinner and I had to make something wonderful with it! They’re delicious, they’re healthy, and easy too … and if you make these little cups in mini-muffin tins, only 65 calories apiece. A marvelous little snack or side dish. Oh you will love them. I’ve been eating them for breakfast and for lunch and for snacks all week.
I had a wonderful day yesterday. I could feel the positive energy flowing in my life, clearing away all the cobwebs, challenges and other negative energy that was bringing me (and my family and my team at work) down. It was beautiful. There was a shadow of my last lover cast over me today, though, that made me pause and reflect on our relationship oh yet once again.
I feel sort of melancholy but strangely hopeful tonight. My yoga teacher and dear friend reminded me this morning during final relaxation that there is someone there waiting to hold me in his arms, someone waiting to welcome me into his life. I want that someone to come to me. The one who is right for me. The one who is NOT promised to someone else, the one who really WILL be there for me (and likewise, I for him). I want to let the past fade away and make space in my heart for my soul mate. I can almost feel his presence, but I know there is something I need to do first.
Oh but you are probably waiting for this recipe. I think you’re going to love it. I really do. Let’s put this man-craziness in a box and duct tape it shut and walk away. Let’s make a little bit of deliciousness and have a glass of wine and remember how good life really is.
- 2 - 4 cloves garlic, peeled & chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 8 oz. mushrooms, chopped
- 2 teaspoons white wine
- 2 cups wild rice, cooked (cooled)
- About 1 cup frozen, chopped broccoli (thawed)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded Italian cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Spray a muffin (or mini-muffin) pan with cooking spray. Chop the garlic finely and put it in a small bowl with the olive oil to infuse while you chop up the rest of the veggies.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and olive oil and saute for several minutes or until the onion is soft and translucent.
- Add the mushrooms and saute for several minutes more. Stir in the wine, cover the mushrooms and cook for a few minutes, then uncover, stirring, until the mushrooms are tender and any excess liquid has evaporated.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the rice, broccoli, eggs and cheese. Stir in the mushroom mixture until well mixed. Add Red Robin Seasoning (or salt) & freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Press the rice mixture into the muffin cups, dividing amongst 12 muffin cups or 24 mini-muffin cups. Bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until the cups are set.
- Let the cups sit for a few minutes before gently loosening the edges of the cups with a knife, then lifting them out. Enjoy!
RECIPE SOURCE: http://www.sumptuousspoonfuls.com/
© Copyright 2016, Sumptuous Spoonfuls. All images & content are copyright protected. I love it when you share, but please do not use my images on your own site/page without prior permission. If you want to publish any of my images, please ask first. Sharing, pinning, and tweeting is always appreciated as long as the shares and pins link back to here for the recipe. If you want to republish this recipe as your own, please re-write the recipe in your own words or link back to this post for the recipe.