Cannoli Cream-Filled Strawberries
This recipe is from Full Belly Sisters. She is the queen of creative Cannoli recipes! (Not to mention her Green Grilled Cheese Sandwich is seriously amazing.)
This is another recipe we made for the International themed birthday party … when my daughter saw these beautiful berries from Full Belly Sisters, she wanted to reach right through the screen and grab them!
I liked that they were simple to make, and you could make the filling ahead of time, then pipe it into the strawberries just before the party. The only difficulty with making these pretty little berries was when I went to move the plate outside to take some photos, some of the pretty berries tipped over and the filling spilled out! So my daughter and I got “samples” before the party. LOL … So that is why I do recommend setting the serving plate wherever you want it before filling the berries and if you really need to move it, be verrrry careful.
- 1 1/4 cups good quality ricotta cheese
- 2 oz. light cream cheese
- 3 teaspoons honey
- 1 - 2 Tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- a bit of zest of lemon + a squeeze of lemon juice
- About 24 strawberries
- For the top: grated dark chocolate
- In a food processor or handi chopper, blend the ricotta, cream cheese, honey, powdered sugar, vanilla, lemon zest, and lemon juice for 3 - 4 minutes or until the mixture is perfectly creamy.
- Set the serving plate in the spot where you want to serve the strawberries. The berries tip easily so it's best not to have to move them.
- Clean the strawberries and cut off the tops, using a small knife or little metal spoon (like a 1/4 teaspoon measuring spoon) to take out the core of the strawberry and make room for the filling.
- Cut the bottom of each berry flat so it will stand on the serving plate.
- Pipe the filling into the strawberries and sprinkle with grated dark chocolate.
RECIPE SOURCE: http://www.sumptuousspoonfuls.com/
© Copyright 2013, Sumptuous Spoonfuls. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.
This recipe was shared at Mix it Up Monday, Melt in Your Mouth Monday, Tuesday’s Table, Try a New Recipe Tuesday, Totally Tasty Tuesday, Tuesday Talent Show, Wednesday Extravaganza, Tasty Thursday, Full Plate Thursday, Thursday’s Treasures, Farm Girl Blogfest, Foodie Friends Friday, Weekend Potluck, Manic Monday and All my Bloggy Friends.