Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Pizza
I’ve had pizza on my mind lately … it didn’t help when I had a pizza party on facebook and was flooded with beautiful pizza recipes that just made me want homemade pizza all the more.
So the very first homemade meal I made when we got home from vacation was a pizza … on the grill. I’d been thinking that Honey Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken would be awesome on a pizza, so I just had to try it. You can use other cooked chicken (preferably from the grill), whatever you have on hand.
You can make this pizza on a grill or in the oven, with a homemade crust or a store-bought one. It’s simple, it’s fast, it’s delicious.
- 1 pizza crust (I used my New York Style Pizza Crust-recipe here)
- 1 cooked chicken breast (such as Honey Pineapple Teriyaki Grilled chicken - recipe here), chopped
- About 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 - 3 Tablespoons Honey Pineapple Teriyaki sauce (recipe here or other teriyaki sauce)
- Sriracha or other hot sauce, to taste
- Shredded mozzarella, cheddar, and/or Italian blend of cheeses
- Red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 slice of fresh pineapple, cut into small chunks (more or less to taste)
- Prep your pizza crust and heat up the oven to 425 F or start up the grill.
- Partially cook the pizza crust either on the hot side of the grill until one side is browned ... or by baking the crust till just light golden brown.
- While the crust is cooking, prep the sauce by mixing the barbeque sauce with the teriyaki sauce, then adding a squirt or two of Sriracha, then taste it. It should be a tad spicier than you prefer because the cheese on the pizza will smooth out the heat.
- If grilling, flip the crust over to the other side, spread with sauce, then add chicken, onions, pineapple and cheese. Otherwise, just take the crust and spread with sauce, sprinkling with chicken, onions, pineapple and top with the cheese.
- Bake (or grill, covered, on the "cool" side of the grill) until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Slice the pizza up and enjoy!
RECIPE SOURCE: http://www.sumptuousspoonfuls.com/
© Copyright 2013, Sumptuous Spoonfuls. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to publish any of my images, please ask first. If you want to republish this recipe as your own, please re-write the recipe in your own words or link back to this post for the recipe.
This recipe was shared on Thursday’s Treasures, Foodie Friends Friday, What to Do Weekends, Super Sunday, Marvelous Monday, Inspiration Monday, Tuesday’s Table, Foodie Friends Friday Pizza Party, Labor Day BBQ Special and Clever Chicks Bloghop.