A cool, refreshing tropical fizzy beverage with the flavors of coconut, pineapple and a hint of lime. Make it a cocktail by adding a shot of coconut rum, or leave it non-alcoholic and let it be your kids’ favorite sipper this summer.
While cruising the interwebs for luau recipes, I ran across a drink called a Hawaiian Slushie that intrigued me. I looked at the recipe, though, I and I just wanted to change it up. I ended up making something entirely different. This creation I made is a Fizz. It drink has lots of bubbles, with a cool sweet coconut pineapple, pina colada-kinda flavor. I loves me some bubbly drinks in the heat of summer!
First, you make the base for this drink (the coconut pineapple goodness) and chill it well (so it’s almost frozen, but still liquid). Then put a shot (or 1 1/2 shots, depending on how sweet you want it) of the deliciousness you just made in a glass, add ice cold sparkly water (and a shot of coconut rum, if you are so inclined). Stir it up a bit and sip it through a straw. I do recommend a straw because the coconut with the fizzy water makes a big foamy head on top, like an ice cream float. This is great fun but it makes a goofy mustache if you try to drink it without straws. This I discovered at my cooking class when I neglected to bring straws. Ooops! Well, everyone enjoyed these tasty sippers anyway, and we managed to (almost) avoid the mustaches.
- 1 22-oz, container of coconut cream
- 1 12-oz. can of frozen pineapple juice concentrate
- Juice of 1 - 2 limes or lemons
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 14-oz. can light coconut milk
- 1 oz. coconut rum (optional!)
- 1 to 1 1/2 oz. of the coconut pineapple goodness (see above)
- Cold club soda or other sparkling water
- Blend together the ingredients for the coconut pineapple goodness, put in a covered plastic container and put in the freezer until it's good and cold.
- To make the drinks: Pour a shot of the coconut pineapple goodness in a glass. Add the rum (for adults only!), then fill the glass with your choice of fizzy water. Stir and sip ... is it sweet enough? If not add a little more coconut pineapple goodness. Garnish with pineapple if you like and get yourself a straw for slurping up this refreshing beverage. Enjoy!
RECIPE SOURCE: http://www.sumptuousspoonfuls.com/
© Copyright 2016, Sumptuous Spoonfuls. All images & content are copyright protected. I love it when you share, but please do not use my images on your own site/page without prior permission. If you want to publish any of my images, please ask first. Sharing, pinning, and tweeting is always appreciated as long as the shares and pins link back to here for the recipe. If you want to republish this recipe as your own, please re-write the recipe in your own words or link back to this post for the recipe.