Minted Blueberry Watermelon Salad
with blueberry goat cheese crumbles, sugar & spice almond slices and a honey lemon lavender white wine vinaigrette … Inspired by Moore or Less Cooking Blog
I feel like the luckiest girl in the world today. I had 8 hours of vacation time that I was going to lose on the 30th of this month and we have Monday off for the holiday, so that meant I just HAD to take Friday off. Oh darn, right? It felt so luxurious to hear my alarm this morning and, instead of getting up, set it on snooze. I still did have to get up to get my girl to school, but I didn’t have to be ready for work or even showered at that point, so I lounged about and cuddled with my cat until my son came up and said, “Mom, are you all right?” That made me laugh. He SO knows my morning routine!
I asked him to get his sister some water and her morning pills, which he very sweetly did. I laid there in bed for a few more minutes, basking in the delight of not having anywhere I have to be today, and then I got up and made her pancakes. I took her to school with my hair in a pony and I still hadn’t even washed my face or put my contacts in. I did manage to find a pair of sandals to slip on. Then I came home, made myself a delicious breakfast and took a nice hot bath. Now THAT’S an awesome way to start a long weekend!
I’ve spent the day shopping with my son (took my first trip to the new Aldi store in town … LOVE it!), going to yoga, and then enjoying this beautiful, refreshing salad on the patio. Daughter is home from school now and I’ll be taking her back there soon for their 2nd-to-last performance of the play that she is in. And then I’ll be there, roses in hand, to see the play for the third time. I am so proud of my girl.
The blueberry goat cheese for this salad came from Costco. I don’t have a Costco membership (yet)–my yoga friend bought this scrumptious cheese for me. It comes in a 3-pack with this blueberry, a fig one and a plain goat cheese. I am totally in LOVE with the blueberry flavor, but my friend tells me the fig is even better. I can’t wait to try it!
- About 1 cup fresh seedless watermelon chunks
- About 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- About 1 Tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 1/2 a lemon (about 2 Tablespoons)
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- A pinch of granulated garlic
- A sprig of fresh lavender leaves, chopped fine.
- Fresh salad greens
- Crumbled blueberry vanilla goat cheese (or regular goat cheese)
- Sugar & Spice Almond Slices (recipe here)
- Toss the watermelon and blueberries with the mint and set aside.
- Whisk together the salad dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- Fill your salad plate or bowl with greens. Top with the watermelon/blueberry mixture, then sprinkle with goat cheese and almonds. Add a light drizzle of dressing and enjoy!
RECIPE SOURCE: http://www.sumptuousspoonfuls.com/
© Copyright 2016, Sumptuous Spoonfuls. All images & content are copyright protected. I love it when you share, but please do not use my images on your own site/page without prior permission. If you want to publish any of my images, please ask first. Sharing, pinning, and tweeting is always appreciated as long as the shares and pins link back to here for the recipe. If you want to republish this recipe as your own, please re-write the recipe in your own words or link back to this post for the recipe.