Pear, Bacon & Blue Cheese Pizza
A savory pizza with a hint of sweetness from juicy pears and a light spread of honey rosemary mascarpone
Pears with bacon and blue cheese on a pizza … what’s better than that? Especially with honey rosemary mascarpone. If you don’t know mascarpone, I would really love to introduce you to a cream cheese that will blow your socks off. It’s creamier, sweeter, and just plain marvelous and you should have some of it in your life. And some of this pizza.
This combination of ingredients is really magical in my book. It was the ah-mazing roasted pear stuffed with goat cheese and wrapped in bacon that gave me the idea for this pizza. I made three pizzas with that lovely thin crust recipe and of all of them, this was my favorite. I’m not saying the other two were bad, but this one … this one … well, just try it. If you’re not fond of blue cheese, try goat cheese or even feta might work as a stand-in if you’re not into either of the others.
- Dough for 1 thin crust pizza (I used this recipe from Fearless Homemaker)
- 2 oz. mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 - 2 pears (depending on the size of your pears & your pizza)
- Shredded Italian blend of cheeses
- 1 - 2 slices of bacon, fried till crisp and crumbled
- 1 - 3 Tablespoons of blue cheese crumbles
- Preheat the oven to 450 F. Prepare the dough for the crust and roll or pat it out into a thin circle as she suggests. In a small bowl, mix the mascarpone, honey and rosemary, then spread it over the unbaked crust. Bake for 7 - 8 minutes or until the edges are golden brown & crispy. Remove from the oven to add the rest of the toppings.
- While the crust is baking, cut the pear(s) in quarters, then cut out the core and slice the pear vertically into pretty thin slices.
- Sprinkle the baked crust with a bit of shredded cheese, then arrange the pears on the pizza. Sprinkle with a bit more cheese to stick the pears to the pizza, then the blue cheese and bacon crumbles.
- Bake for about 5 minutes longer or until the cheeses are melted in the center and a little browned on the edges. Slice and serve.
Prep time doesn't include dough prep time.
RECIPE SOURCE: http://www.sumptuousspoonfuls.com/
© Copyright 2013, Sumptuous Spoonfuls. All images & content are copyright protected. I love it when you share, but please do not use my images on your own site/page without prior permission. If you want to publish any of my images, please ask first. Sharing, pinning, and tweeting is always appreciated as long as the shares and pins link back to here for the recipe. If you want to republish this recipe as your own, please re-write the recipe in your own words or link back to this post for the recipe.