Pesto Spinach Shrimp Dip
Last week I had the munchies something serious, so I decided to make myself a good (healthy) dip. I’d just made some mixed herb pesto so I dug through the fridge/freezer to find other things to put in my dip. This is what I came up with … and it was a mighty scrumptious dip, if I do say so myself.
I had some of the wheat thin pops for dipping and loved the nice salty crunch of that popped chip with my newly discovered dip. You need a good sturdy dipper, especially if you’re going to heat it to melt the cheese. I think it would also be amazing on a grilled cheese sandwich, but I’ll have to make more if I want to try that … my lovely dip is all gone now.
- 1 cup frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt dip
- 1 cup finely shredded Asiago cheese
- 2 Tablespoons pesto
- 1 cup precooked shrimp, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Red Robin seasoning (recipe here)
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- Juice of 1/4 of lemon
- Thaw the spinach in the microwave, then using a clean towel, squeeze out the moisture until the spinach is nice and dry (it will be fairly well packed). Chop the spinach into fine bits then, in a medium mixing bowl, stir together the spinach with the rest of the ingredients.
- You can serve this dip cold with crackers or chips or put it in a microwave safe bowl, put a bit more cheese on top and bake at 350 until the cheese is nicely melted.
RECIPE SOURCE: http://www.sumptuousspoonfuls.com/
© Copyright 2014, Sumptuous Spoonfuls. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to publish any of my images, please ask first. If you want to republish this recipe as your own, please re-write the recipe in your own words or link back to this post for the recipe.