Spicy Pineapple Mango Chicken Salad
inspired by The Suburban Soapbox
Who says salad has to be boring? Heat up your taste buds with this Caribbean-inspired salad featuring pineapple chicken, mango, pineapple, avocado, sweet onion, blue cheese crumbles, pinons and a fiery roasted pineapple vinaigrette.
The gorgeous “props” for these photos were my birthday present from my boyfriend … that man has such good taste, doesn’t he?
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast or 2 chicken tenderloins
- 2 - 3 Tablespoons fiery pineapple vinaigrette (recipe here)
- A sprinkle of each: garlic powder, smoked paprika, salt & freshly ground pepper
- Fresh greens
- 1/4 of an avocado
- Sweet onion slices
- Fresh or canned pineapple chunks
- Fresh mango slices
- Blue cheese crumbles
- Toasted pinons (or macadamia nuts)
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- Fiery pineapple vinaigrette (recipe here)
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Brush the chicken on both sides with the pineapple vinaigrette, then sprinkle with a bit of garlic powder, smoked paprika, salt & freshly ground pepper. Bake at 400 F. for 10 - 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Let the chicken cool slightly, then cut into chunks.
- Fill your salad bowl or plate with greens and top with the chicken and other salad toppings. Drizzle with the fiery pineapple vinaigrette.
RECIPE SOURCE: http://www.sumptuousspoonfuls.com/
© Copyright 2016, Sumptuous Spoonfuls. All images & content are copyright protected. I love it when you share, but please do not use my images on your own site/page without prior permission. If you want to publish any of my images, please ask first. Sharing, pinning, and tweeting is always appreciated as long as the shares and pins link back to here for the recipe. If you want to republish this recipe as your own, please re-write the recipe in your own words or link back to this post for the recipe.