Tuxedo Brownie Cheesecake Cups
with fresh strawberries
Several of my yoga buddies are artists and one of them owns a furniture store, so last night we had a big “wine & design” gala event where we invited 250 of our closest friends to come to this wine/art sale. My friends insisted that I bring the food. I tried to tell them I don’t do catering–I’m a food BLOGGER. I am not set up with a commercial kitchen and all the stuff you need to make selling food profitable. But since they REALLY wanted me to, I made some food. Actually, I made a LOT of food. These delectable little cheesecakes were one of the things I made, and they went over really well. When I told people there were brownies in those cheesecakes, they were sold.
It took me a few tries to get the proportions just right, so you have half brownie/half cheesecake, but I finally determined that just 1 Tablespoon of brownie batter in each cupcake comes out about right. That comes out to about 24 cheesecake cups from one brownie batch. If you’re going to use a mix, I highly recommend the Ghirardelli brownie mix. Better chocolate DEFINITELY makes a better brownie!
I also made a gluten free version of these little cheesecakes, using that chocolate hummus cake recipe as the “brownie bottom”. I think the Flourless Fudgy Brownies would be amazing on the bottom of a cheesecake as well …
- A brownie recipe for 9x9-inch pan (or a mix)
- 2 - 8-oz packages Greek Cream cheese (or Neufchatel), softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 4 eggs
- 4 teaspoons real vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Line 24 cupcake spots with nonstick cupcake liners or use regular cupcake liners but spray them with nonstick cooking spray! The brownies tend to stick to paper or foil.
- Mix up your brownie mix and put 1 Tablespoon of brownie batter in the bottom of each cupcake. It will just barely cover the bottom of the cup. That is just perfect because the brownies will rise as they cook. Put the brownie cupcakes into the oven to bake for about 20 - 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- While the brownies are baking, mix up the cream cheese mixture. First soften your cream cheese so it's very soft and easy to stir. (I put it in the microwave for 30 - 60 seconds, then stirred it up). Add the sugar and stir together. Then add the yogurt and stir, then the eggs and vanilla extract.
- Pour 2 - 3 Tablespoons of the cheesecake mixture onto each brownie bottom. (It's ok to fill it all the way to the top.) Bake for another 20 - 25 minutes or until the cheesecake is set (not very jiggly when you lightly shake the pan).
- Let the cheesecake cool. Store in the fridge. If desired, top with a spoonful of fudge sauce and fresh strawberries.
RECIPE SOURCE: http://www.sumptuousspoonfuls.com/
© Copyright 2014, Sumptuous Spoonfuls. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to publish any of my images, please ask first. If you want to republish this recipe as your own, please re-write the recipe in your own words or link back to this post for the recipe.
This recipe was shared at Freedom Fridays with All my Bloggy Friends, Our Sunday Best Showcase, What to Do Weekends, Pretty Pintastic Pinterest Party, Tuesday’s Table, Simple Supper Tuesday, Treasure Box Tuesday, The Gathering Spot and Strut your Stuff Saturday.