Berry Good Purple Cow Ice Cream Float
This idea dawned on me when we were out at the folk music festival and the “root beer guy” was there, selling root beer, root beer floats, orange and grape soda and of course Purple Cow Ice Cream Floats! I’ve been making Italian cream sodas for years … don’t know why it never occurred to me to make a FLOAT with my berry syrup. I had to go home and try it.
It was just as good as I imagined at the festival. If you really want a grape flavor, I think you could use grape juice concentrate I (purple, of course) in place of the berry syrup. I really loved the berry taste, though, with the hint of roses. I couldn’t wait to start sipping on it, though, so yeah, you only get pics of the 2nd half. Sorry!
- 1 - 1 1/2 cups of Club soda
- 1 oz. (or more) Mulberry Maple Rose Syrup (recipe here ... or try Strawberry Rose or Very Berry syrup)
- 2 (or so) scoops of vanilla ice cream (I used my homemade vanilla ice cream)
- Pour the club soda into a glass and add a shot of syrup. Stir and taste, and add a bit more syrup if it's not quite sweet enough.
- Add scoops of vanilla ice cream and a straw. Drizzle the top of the ice cream with a bit of extra purple syrup of you like and enjoy!
RECIPE SOURCE: http://www.sumptuousspoonfuls.com/
© Copyright 2013, Sumptuous Spoonfuls. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to publish any of my images, please ask first. If you want to republish this recipe as your own, please re-write the recipe in your own words or link back to this post for the recipe.